Here you can access useful resources and materials from many sources, find links to relevant organisations and learn about how LSIS is supporting research for the sector, by the sector. You can also read about how others working in the sector are using research for improvement and professional development and find out about opportunities for getting involved yourself. It is for absolutely anyone interested in the evidence-base for the learning and skills sector in England.
Resources and advice in this section are organised in the following areas:
- Research resources and support: resources and advice about planning, carrying out and analysing outputs from research activities.
- Sector-based evidence: find evidence, such as case studies, detailing the experiences of practitioners and organisations.
- Workforce data and research: details of workforce data collection activities, including Staff Individualised Record (SIR).
- LSIS annual research conference: presentations and workshop materials from the latest and previous LSIS research conferences.
- LSIS research bulletin Inside Evidence: access the latest edition of this innovative publication which focuses on research and developments in teaching and learning.
- LSIS supported practitioner research: information about practitioner research programmes supported by LSIS, including the Research Development Fellowships (RDFs).
You can also find information about the independent Commission on Adult Vocational Teaching and Learning, announced by Government in New Challenges, New Chances in December 2011. Find out more about the commissioners, the aims of the Commission and the latest call for evidence.