The leadership of sexual orientation equality in the FE system
Visible and valued was developed in response to the findings of the research study: Equality and sexual orientation: the leadership challenge for further education (Centre for Excellence in Leadership 2006). The research revealed widespread discrimination and harassment of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual (LGB) people in the FE system. Using documentary testimony and dramatised video sequences, Visible and valued provides activities and exercises that deepen awareness of and help to develop strategies for, sexual orientation equality within the sector.
Watch a sample of the video material included in the Visible and valued resources (approximately three minutes duration):
The training resources cover:
- Learners' experiences
- Employees' experiences
- The legal, moral and business cases for sexual orientation equality
- Strategies to challenge inappropriate behaviour The relationship between religion and sexual orientation equality
- Promoting equality - strategies and case studies
- Coming out
- Internal and external support groups
- Staff appointments
- The diversity of the LGB community
Visible and valued is available as a seven-module e-learning programme for self-study on the LSIS Learning Environment (provided on an institution-wide basis free-of-charge).
For more information please contact LSIS by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Visible and valued' in the subject line.