Land based Colleges Aspiring to Excellence (LANDEX) is a subscriber organisation with 37 member Colleges and Universities in England and 6 Associate Members in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
To qualify for membership the provider must deliver significant volumes of education and training in at least six land based occupational areas, engage in an annual peer review process that confirms that standards exceed the Landex quality threshold, be appropriately resourced and operate a commercial scale agriculture and/or horticulture enterprise.
Support and services
- Work closely with Government Departments (DfE, BIS, Defra), Funding Bodies (SFA, YPLA, HEFCE), the Sector Skills Council (Lantra) and LSIS to influence policy through dialogue and by responding to consultations on behalf of our members.
- Operate an annual Peer Review process that challenges members to continually improve the standards of their teaching, learning, assessment and other services that they provide for clients.
- Deliver an extensive CPD programme that offers members an opportunity to share best practice, whilst benefitting from contributions by both peers and external organisations such as Ofsted and the HSE.
- Publish sector briefings, and carry out research that is of benefit to members and the industries that they serve.
- Work with other membership organisations where collaborative activity can improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the service provided.
Please use the contact information below for enquiries about Landex and the services available or to request a publication.
- Contact us
- Tel: 01604 892 650
Landex - 'Land based Colleges Aspiring to Excellence',
Sunley Conference Centre, University of Northampton, Park Campus,
Boughton Green Road,
- Easton College: Developing the personal and transferable skills of learners with additional needs, through social enterprise
- Easton College: Improved understanding of student progress in personal skills using a steering wheel
- Herefordshire College of Technology (Holme Lacy Campus: Improving Retention and Success
- Reaseheath College: Preparing students effectively for full time equine courses