JISC champions the use of digital technology to ensure the UK remains world-class in teaching, learning and research.
Support and services
- leadership and support to UK educational organisations at a local, national and international level.
- resources, knowledge and expertise that colleges, universities and other learning providers would struggle to source individually due to cost and resource.
- horizon scanning research to help those providers to stay abreast of developments in digital technology and make the right investment decisions to ensure they deliver the experience their students demand.
We are the driving force behind major shared services which are responsive, agile and fit for purpose in a rapidly changing environment. We provide access to the world-class Janet(UK) network, quality and cost-effective digital resources and a range of specialist advisory services. What's more, our innovation programmes and projects are seeding the core services of the future.
The Department for Business Innovation and Skills is a core funding partner of JISC, and exercises this role based on advice from LSIS.
We can help you:
- Develop business intelligence for better strategic planning
- Make better use of technology for work based learning
- Improve employee access to higher education
- Market your courses in an increasingly competitive environment
- Green your campus
- Keep the curriculum relevant
Explore more JISC resources in our Supporting Your Institution factsheets.
Recent activities include funding innovative technology projects making a difference to learners with disabilities across the UK, an online toolkit to help senior managers make the most of the intelligence they have to make strategic decisions, and a study which surveyed current elearning strategies.
In September 2010 HEFCE, the Higher Education Funding Council for England, commissioned an independent review of JISC. One of the principal findings of the review was that there is no comparable body to JISC within the UK, and internationally its reputation is outstanding as a strategic leader and partner. The review concluded that ‘JISC is an invaluable national resource which has evolved in response to increasing demands over 20 years’.
The review recommends that due to the breadth and complexity of JISC’s activity, its structure, processes, projects, programmes and governance need to be simplified and reshaped. This will ensure that it maintains its excellent reputation and will be able to build upon its world-class leadership in the innovative use of technology to support education, research and institutional effectiveness.
By the autumn of 2012 JISC will have transitioned into a new, more dynamic organisation. However, this new JISC will still have the same clear vision of easy and widespread access to information and resources, anytime, anywhere, with technology and information management at the heart of research and education. Find out more about the transition process.
Please use the contact information below for enquiries about JISC and the services available.
Keep up to date
- Follow us @JISC on Twitter or sign up to JISC Announce for all our latest funding calls, news and announcements. Email JISC-Announce@jiscmail.ac.uk with the subject line Yourfirstname yourlastname.