About JISC TechDis
Technology has a crucial role to play in ensuring that everyone has access to education, irrespective of their ability or personal needs. At JISC TechDis we champion accessibility across the education sector, including further education, skills and higher education. We provide advice, guidance, specialist tools and techniques to assist people in using technology to make education more accessible and inclusive.
Support and services
In collaboration with assistive technology companies, charities, publishers, hardware and software developers, and professional bodies, we develop innovative methods to increase accessibility. We interpret legal requirements and government initiatives, delivering practical guidance and solutions for education providers.
- JISC TechDis is an integral part of JISC Advance.
- JISC TechDis is a leading UK advisory service on technologies for inclusion.
- JISC TechDis explore and promote inclusive practices, resources and advice for learning and teaching in the further education and skills sector (as well as higher education and independent & specialist colleges).
Accessibility and e-learning are related and relevant to everyone involved in delivering further education whether that be senior management, teaching and learning, marketing, administration, learner support, library services, network or IT services.
- JISC TechDis website
- Accessible IT Practice Support Programme
- Accessibility Essentials
- Continuing Professional Development
- Online Accessibility Self Evaluation Service (OASES)
- Organisational Effectiveness
- Technology to support teaching and learning
- Understanding User Needs
- Xerte – Learning Object Development Tool
Please use the contact information below for enquiries about JISC Techdis and the services available.
- Email: helpdesk@Techdis.ac.uk
- Tel: +44 (0)1904 717580
- Fax: +44 (0)1904 717505
C/O The Higher Education Academy Building
York Science Park
Keep up to date
JISC TechDis has a number of RSS feeds that users can subscribe to if they would prefer to be updated on specific elements of our website:
- JISC TechDis News Feed
- JISC TechDis Events Feed
- JISC TechDis Blog Feed
- JISC TechDis Resources Feed
- JISC TechDis has a Twitter account @jisc_techdis. You can follow us here: www.twitter.com/jisc_techdis