IfL - What we do
IfL is the independent professional body for teachers, tutors, trainers and student teachers in the further education (FE) and skills sector. We support excellence in professional teachers’ and trainers’ practice for learners including:
- adult and community learning
- emergency and public services
- FE colleges
- the armed services
- sixth-form colleges
- the voluntary sector
- work-based learning
Our members work across a range of educational environments; in any context where young people and adults develop the skills and knowledge required to lead successful and rewarding lives.
IfL supports excellence in professional practice for teachers and trainers, for the benefit of young and adult learners.
- We promote benefits that support professional excellence through continuing professional development (CPD)
- We work to increase the status of teachers and trainers
- IfL gives members an influential voice on policy.
Please use the IfL website for enquiries about IfL and to find out more about the services available or to request a publication.