Janet is a world-leading network that was established over 25 years ago to service the requirements of the research and education sectors in the UK. The Janet network connects over 18 million end users in universities, colleges of higher and further education, research councils, schools and museums who collectively form the Janet community. We have developed the network to enable the community to connect, collaborate and provide innovative ways to support teaching and learning.
Janet provides an extremely reliable, resilient, high speed network designed to handle your teaching and learning requirements. Whether you need the network to bring learning to life or to procure security certificates, Janet can help.
Support and services
Janet has developed a range of products and services that provide added value to users and use of the network including:
- IP services, enabling users to communicate with each other and access the wider internet
- Application services, to facilitate electronic communications across the network, including:
- Janet Videoconferencing: enhance learning through interactive lessons and bring the curriculum and classroom to life with videoconferencing
- Janet Certificate service: a simple online system that automates the process of requesting server certificates to encrypt data
- Janet txt: simplify communication with your staff and students using an SMS service that supports customization and branding to identify your institution
- Janet Brokerage: institutions can obtain independent advice on procuring the most suitable and cost effective cloud computing and data centre solutions from Janet.
- Janet 3G: provide cost effective and flexible access to network resources on the move through Janet 3G.
- Network security services ensuring the safe transit of communications across the network
- Janet purchasing agreements, bring cost savings to the sector through aggregated procurement
- A range of advisory services including voice, video, wireless and multi-site connectivity
The new Janet Brokerage service offers the research and education community honest, independent advice on procuring the most suitable and cost effective cloud computing and data centre resources.
With the latest technical, regulatory and legal expertise within the team, and the procurement process more than half way there, the process of moving to the cloud is made much easier.
For more information please call 01235 822337 or visit the Janet Brokerage service website.
Please use the contact information below for enquiries about Janet and the services available or to request a publication.
- Telephone: 0300 300 2212 (from UK); +44 1235 822 212 (outside UK)
- Fax: 0300 300 2213 (from UK); +44 1235 822399 (outside UK)
- Email: email@example.com
Janet Service Desk
Lumen House, Library Avenue