These apprenticeship frameworks have been designed as nationally recognised training programmes that offer routes of entry into the youth work sector in England and Wales. They are appropriate for Assistant Youth Workers (at level 2) and Youth Workers (at level 3) who are working in the private, public or third sector.
The frameworks require the successful completion of a number of components, including nationally recognised qualifications, which are independently assessed and certificated. Successful completers will have the knowledge and skills that are applicable to their role, including the underlying skills to be able to operate as an effective employee in the youth work sector.
The following document is available for England:
- Youth Work at Levels 2 and 3 in England(PDF document, 2MB)
The following document is available for Wales:
- Youth Work at Levels 2 and 3 in Wales (non statutory)(PDF document, 2MB)
For Youth Work Modern Apprenticeships in Scotland, please see Modern Apprenticeships in Scotland.
Supporting documentation for the Youth Work apprenticeship frameworks
- PLTS mapping document (PDF document, 106KB)
- PLTS checklist(PDF document, 93KB)
- Competence and knowledge in the qualifications(PDF document, 40KB)
- GLH declaration form (PDF document, 60KB)
- Candidate declaration form (PDF document, 16KB)
Important information for all providers
You will be aware that BIS funding for LSIS ceases from 31 July 2013. To ensure that there is no disruption to the Apprenticeship certification service, Skills for Justice have agreed to take over responsibility for the processing of Apprenticeship certificates from 1 April 2013.
- In England, this will be handled by Skills for Justice when you submit apprenticeship claims through ACE.
- For Wales, please visit https://www.sfjuk.com/products/ for copies of the application form for certification requests.
From the 1 April 2013, if you have any queries regarding certification requests, please contact the Apprenticeship certification team at Skills for Justice:
Tel: 0114 261 5800